Rome Tourism tax
From January 1, 2011 tourists visiting Rome have to pay a tourism tax
The Council resolution (n 67 - July 28, 2010) will also ensure higher standards of services offered to the tourists and a more hospitable reception than in the city.More details >
- A Euro 1,00 fee per person and for each day of stay for a maximum of five days will be charged at the time of check out in camping sites;
- A Euro 2,00 fee per person and for each day of stay for a maximum of ten days will be charged at the time of check out in bed & breakfasts, guest houses, apartments, religious institutes, one, two and three star hotels (but not hostels);
- A Euro 3,00 fee per person and for each day of stay for a maximum of ten days will be charged at the time of check out in 4 and 5 star hotels will charge Euro 3.00 per person;
- A Euro 1,00 fee per person (non-Roman visitors only) to access the beach resorts in Ostia.
The resolution also provides for:
- an extra Euro 1,00 charge on the admission ticket of the museums belonging to the Civic Network;
- an extra Euro 1,00 fee to other tourist services: e.g. sightseeing buses, river cruises on the Tiber, bathing services;
Tourism Tax Exemption:
- children under 10 years of age;
- people who stay at Youth Hostels;
- ill people and those who assist patients admitted to health-care services, or one carer per patient and the parents of sick children under eighteen years of age;
- bus drivers and tour leaders of organized groups (1 exemption every 25 persons).
: Tourism Tax - tassa di soggiorno - roma - hotel